PDA

View Full Version : IN NEED OF A QUARANTINE TANK

CVR Mission Statement

Central Valley Reefers is a group of dedicated marine aquarium hobbyists committed to bringing together people with similar interests throughout Central California. In doing so, we support ecologically-friendly propagation techniques, sharing knowledge through planned events and activities, and providing assistance to fellow enthusiasts in an open and friendly atmosphere.

lamarine23
08-14-2004, 11:35 AM
I've been doing some research on QT tanks because my sohal has come down with Amyloodinium (white cotton stuff) and I need to treat him. He's been this way for a couple of weeks (he's a fighter) but I've been debating about putting him in a Qt tank because of the stress of taking him out of my tank. Also I read that the QT tank should have some type of hang on filter and (a bio wheel type) that needs to be cycled so bacteria can grow on the bio wheel. Does anyone have a QT tank that wouldn't mind having a guest (talking about my fish not me)? Any suggestions are welcomed.

Jesse

Smaug
08-14-2004, 11:43 AM
sorry no QT here but depending on the meds used to treat your fish you may not want a Bio filter. If the drugs kill bacteria then you bio filter will become a huge polluter. I would just do daily water changes.

Richard

chem1586
08-14-2004, 12:07 PM
If you do decide to use a hang on filter. I have one that is in my tank right now. It used to be all I had, but now I have upgraded to a skimmer and some powerheads. I think I could do alright without it for a while. I have even been told that I dont need it anymore. PM me if you want to use it.

whodah
08-14-2004, 09:13 PM
jesse: gimme a buzz. i've got a QT up and running w/ nothing in it but some chaeto atm.. been turning water for 2 weeks now (didn't need it on my last trip when i set it up)

i always keep a QT ready for cases like this and when i bring home new livestock. it just so happens to be available atm!

stats:
25G
65W PC
emperor 400 hangon w/ dual bio wheel
pcv pipe in there for him to hide in

there's some chaeto in there rollin around, but no other life. gimme a buzz if i can help!